When a new player starts the game, I always tell them to skip Yuria and go straight to Liverto. The reason for this is simple, Liverto gives 15% more accuracy than Yuria, making it comparable to +15 Yuria when it’s only +12 or so. The cost of getting Liverto +11~+13 is lower than the cost of getting +15 Ultimate Yuria, yet functions identically and have longevity.
To me, investing in a Yuria is immediately setting yourself back 25million silver, because you quickly replace it with a Liverto, which is now easily accessible. A new player could simply cash in their free leveling gold bars for a shiny Liverto, and never have to worry about changing their weapon months or even years down the track.
[Edit] If you’re level 45 and you need a weapon ASAP, you can borrow a Kaia weapon from Kanobas in Calpheon for 50 contribution points. This weapon can be used while you get your Liverto to an acceptable enhancement level. Credits to jimcdiver on BDO Discord for bringing this to my attention.
If this is your experience, you’re in luck. This blog post will teach you how to get to +15 Liverto in the cheapest way possible. Note: as with all RNG, this is subject to fluctuation. The strategy here maximizes your odds, but does not guarantee them.
In order to work out the optimal strategy, you need to know:
- The amount of tries on average. I covered that topic here previously.
- The cost of each enhance attempt, blackstone + memory fragments. Straightforward.
- The cost of building X number of failstacks. I will cover this topic eventually.
For every value of failstack, the price of the enhancement can be calculated by:
To save everyone the trouble of doing thousands of rows on Excel, I did this for you already.
Focus only on the blue cells. Some of the rest do not apply to enhancements before +16. The costs used in this spreadsheet:
- Memory Fragment: 800k each.
- Blackstone (Weapon): 300k each.
- Blackstone (Armor): 200k each.
How to build failstacks:
- Make a level 10 alt. Kill 1-2 horses so your karma is negative.
- Enhance Reblath pieces until desired failstacks reached. Reblath can be purchased from the Velia Blacksmith.
- If your Reblath hits +15 at any point, equip it on your negative karma alt and suicide in PvE a few times until it delevels back to +14.
- Continue to build stacks on your +14 Reblath until desired stacks reached.
[Edit] If you still have armor pieces not +15 yet, you should build failstacks on those instead of buying a Reblath. Thanks to reddit user asdf2100asd for bringing this to my attention.
And here is the optimal strategy.
- Buy Liverto+15 premade if it’s on the market and you can afford it. If not, follow step 2 to 10.
- Enhance your Liverto to +7. This has a 100% success chance.
- Force enhance your Liverto to +8.
- Build 7 failstacks and attempt to upgrade your Liverto to +9. This will cost you 6.3mil on average.
- Build 8 failstacks and attempt to upgrade your Liverto to +10. This will cost you 7.7mil on average.
- Build 9 failstacks and attempt to upgrade your Liverto to +11. This will cost you 9mil on average.
- Build 9 failstacks and attempt to upgrade your Liverto to +12. This will cost you 12.3mil on average.
- Build 10 failstacks and attempt to upgrade your Liverto to +13. This will cost you 14.8mil on average.
- Build 12 failstacks and attempt to upgrade your Liverto to +14. This will cost you 18.7mil on average.
- Build 13 failstacks and attempt to upgrade your Liverto to +15. This will cost you 21.8mil on average.
I listed the prices above so you can have realistic expectations about how far you go. You could be luckier, you could be cursed. To those who are slightly more maths savvy, the numbers quoted are means. Because the distribution of enhancement is right skewed, more than half the players who attempt this will be able to do it with cheaper than the stated prices (median).
That’s all for today. Remember:
- Yuria is meme. Never use that junk.
- Enhancement is all about maths. Delete “it’s all RNG” from your vocabulary. Your IQ will go up 20 points instantaneously, trust me.
[Edit] Response to some queries.